Wednesday, October 13, 2021

No Time to Die

 

No Time to Die

If anyone is counting this is my 200th film review.

I saw my first Bond movie in 1962 with my sister, it was Dr. No. We had no idea what it was about but we were blown away. We never saw anything like it before with so much action and intense characters (every eleven year old boy was thankful for Ursula Andress). It was a thrilling experience and  Daniel Craig’s franchise has maintained the thrill.

This Bond movie has all the signature elements. Bond is suave and a dispassionate killer, gorgeous women of dubious  character, super villains who want world domination or large bank accounts, stunning stunts, gadgets to warm the heart of every man-child and that hallmark bass line. Bond movies have reoccurring characters from other movies such as M, Q and Moneypenny. Some are recognizable and others not. This film is so engaging all viewers will find it enjoyable.

The film has  many reveals, it is a must see. In fear of my life there is little I can say about the plot. This is Danial Craig’s last Bond movie after 15 years at the helm. He is a bit moodier in this outing. The femme fatale is Lea Seydoux. She did not strike me as the typical voluptuous Bond female rather she was more like the girl next door (I guess Ursula left an impression on me). Rami Malek is the uber villain Lyutsifer Safin. Every time I see Malek I have Freddy Mercury stuck in my head, but he really did a great job. He wasn’t cheesy and played the role as a low keyed psychopathic villain well. The newest character is Lashana Lynch as Nomi. I  absolutely cannot say anything about her. Felix Leiter is back played by Jeffrey Wright, a bit sweatier and chubbier. Christopher Waltz reprises his role as Bolfeld. His screen time is short but important to the plot. Q applies his wizardry to a new arsenal of weapons. Locations are a big part of the movie. The movie was filmed in Matera Italy, Jamaica, Cuba, Norway and the Pinewoods studios in London.

If you are a Bond fan, or not, you should really see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment